- Hometown: Vashon Island Washington
San Diego California
Chuck Skewes has been sailmaking since 1984. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest racing boats from El Toros in his early years to Lasers and Thistles in late teens and 20’s, he started racing larger boats. In the late 90’s Chuck started offshore racing and since then has been part of many of the big race programs including winning Transpac in 2015. Chuck has also cruised up to 3000 miles a year including cruises to Hawaii and Panama.
Here are a few of his latest accomplishments:
- 3 time North American Champion, 2008 Etchells Worlds Grand Master Champion, Multiple National Champion, District Champion in classes from Lasers, Thistles, International 14’s, J-24, SJ-24, Olson 30’s, Beneteau 40.7s and Sleds.
- Every year I sail Cabo Races, Transpac, Pacific Cup, Etchells Worlds, Rolex Big Boat Series, San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, MEXORC and many others.
- Have been Sailmaking since 1984.
- Chuck sails more miles a year than he
drives his car